Friday, January 25, 2008

To TM or not to TM

My big question I'm struggling with - For a Hybrid build, do you spend the points in TM or Flurry?

With TM, you can switch from a full Rage bar to any stance with 25 Rage. Enough for Spell Reflect. Without TM, no Spell Reflect.

But, you lose Flurry. I've heard a lot of talk about Flurry and I spec'd for it for a while and it procs pretty much all the time. I'd only be able to get 3 points into it but that would still make my swings 15% faster. With a 3.5s 2H, I'd be swinging in under 3s. That's a pretty good increase in DPS. It lasts for 3 swings and with enough +CRIT, you'd probably get another proc. But you wouldn't be stance dancing to get a spell reflect.

I'm running with the Ice Barbed Spear which is a 3.6s swing. With 3/5 Flurry, I get a 15% faster swing on each crit for the next 3 swings.

3.6-(3.6*0.15) = 3.06s per swing. This makes my DPS 63.4 instead of 53.9. An increase of almost 10 DPS. And that's just on a 51 weapon.

Let's look at something like Vengeful Gladiator's Decapitator. Again, 3/5 Flurry, so we use 15% and we get 3.06s per swing.

(386+580)/2 = 157.8 DPS

That's a 23.6 DPS increase. I think I can do with that...

And just for the record, without TM, you still have Intercept, Pummel, Overpower, and Shield Bash available once you switch stances. You'd pretty much just be missing out on Spell Reflect.

Is it worth it?

I think I'd have to say yes. I'm gonna miss switching for a Spell Reflect but when I can ALWAYS be hitting faster, I'll take the loss.

I'll just have to kill clothies faster >:)

No comments: